Travel Chronicles – Ocular At Sta Fe Bantayan Island
Travel Dates: April 2-3, 2012
Along with my DIY Travel Friends again, after visiting Oslob & Alcoy, we proceeded to Bantayan Island. It was a long and tiring trip indeed.
Here was the Travel Plan:https://pinoydiytraveler.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/travel-plan-sta-fe-bantayan-island/
Location: Sta. Fe, Bantayan Island, Cebu
Beach: Very Good – wide and long stretch of white sand beach. Bring your hat – it could get very hot.
Snorkeling Spot: Poor – although water is clear from above, once you snorkel visibility is poor.
Beach relaxing, sight seeing, picture taking, swimming, and snorkeling.
I looked again at the aerial view of Sta. Fe Bantayan Island. I know there are corals there. But we just didn’t have the time to explore it. We were just able to snorkel in the beach fronting Budyong Resort (the mini sand bar there).
It was such a tiring trip, that after checking in the resort, we fell asleep and woke up at around 4pm. This was the time we spent snorkeling in front of the resort.
I guess that we have to snorkel more and explore more to see the coral seen from this aerial shot. But will I go back Bantayan Island again? Hmmm… perhaps I will not put this on my top list.
Some impressions for Sta Fe Bantayan Island:
- Very Good white sand beach indeed
- Beach is free
- Lodging is cheap (our room was a fan room with own toilet at Budyong Resort and cost us P500/night.)
- Snorkeling – still to be explored. But initial score is poor.
- Local hawkers/peddlers will keep asking you for transfer services or rental services.
- Walking during the day is very hot. (I can compare this with Malapascua. We walk around the beach at around 2pm, and it was not that hot. It must be the nearby trees on the beach.)
- Transfer Cost from Cebu City is quite expensive for me.
- Trip from Cebu City is tiring for me.
- Cheap boat rent – I heard boat rent to Virgin Island was at P800.
- Expensive entrance fee at Virgin Island. I heard it was P300/person.
- It is possible to do a boat trip upon morning arrival at Sta Fe.
- Budyong Resort is very near Sta Fe Poblacion.
After spending a night in Sta Fe, we separated with the travel group and headed to Malapascua Island. We were able to catch the 9:30am ferry to Hagnaya.
How To Get Here? How Much?
Here’s my itinerary table: